Management system certification / Voluntary assessment
Basis of certification:
International standard ISO 21001
ISO International Organization for Standardization
WHAT DOES THE ISO 21001 STANDARD DEFINE?
- ISO 21001 is based on ISO 9001 - Quality Management System, but it provides a specific framework for educational organisations. It is a stand-alone management system without being a sector application. It uses a harmonised High-Level Structure-Annex SL in line with the ISO Directives. ISO 21001 includes a comprehensive set of these successful practices available for non formal and formal educational organisations.
- The purpose of ISO 21001 is to understand and realise the needs and expectations of interested parties. It is developed for organisations that offer educational products and services. The standard can be applicable to all organisations that provide a curriculum for the development of knowledge, skills and attitudes by means of different teaching/ lecturing methods. It intends to help educational providers meet learners’ requirements and needs.
WHAT DO “CERTIFICATION” OR THE ISSUE OF A CERTIFICATION MARK ACCORDING TO ISO 21001 BY TÜV SÜD SOUTH ASIA PVT. LTD. MEAN?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary certification audit, according to defined criteria (ISO 21001 standard).
- A certificate and the authorisation to use a certification mark are only issued if the certification audit is fully passed and the Educational organisations Management system of the organization meets all the requirements of the standard.
- The validity of the certificates and/or certification marks is three years and maintained through the annual surveillance every 12 months and the complete review of the management system after three years.
HOW IS THE ASSESSMENT/AUDIT PERFORMED?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
The process is the same applied for the certification of the other management systems.
- Document review:
Before the audit (voluntary)
- On-site audit:
Certification Audit Stage 1 and stage 2
Surveillance audits every 12 months (2 SA audit in the certification cycle)
Recertification Audit after three years
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ISO 21001 STANDARD?
- This management system certification does not constitute product certification. Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer.
- Certification according to ISO 21001 does not mean that the company/ institute/ university produces or provides products/ services or education of higher quality.
- A certification does not confirm that the technical and organizational measures taken by the company/ institute/ university are functioning without errors.