Based on our yearly experience in the rail industry we provide comprehensive training courses on maintenance of track-based systems.
Compliance with legally binding, voluntary and contracted requirements is critical for the maintenance and operation of rolling stock for vendors, vehicle manufacturers and rail transport companies as owners and/or operators of rolling stock. The introduction of the Entity in Charge of Maintenance (ECM) for all vehicles listed in the National Vehicle Register has brought a new player to the field of rolling stock maintenance, with enormous responsibility and an array of obligations.
To address this new field of responsibility, we supply training courses and seminars on the topics of maintenance, maintenance management (e.g. establishment of a process-oriented maintenance management system), risk management and risk assessment performance. Our specialist trainers, with long-standing practical experience in these areas, describe the factors that apply in modern maintenance management and present efficient methods of deploying resources as precautionary measures. We also supply individual seminars and training courses tailored closely to your needs.
Maintenance DIN 27001 training content
The training gives you an overview of the basic legal principles for maintenance providers, derived from the 2004/49/EU Safety Directive and its amending act 2008/110/EU in recent years. The training covers the following topics:
- Connections between European and national legislation
- Relevant standards for the maintenance of rolling stock and its components
- The ECM Directive (EU) 445/2011, the CSM Directives (EU) 352/2009 and (EU) 1078/2012 and their impact on maintenance providers (including their suppliers)
- Maintenance management system based on the ECM Directive (EU) 445/2011 for freight vehicles, including their use in conventional and high-speed rail transport and their service providers
- Basic principles of risk management and organisational structure in accordance with the CSM Directive (EU) 352/2009 and its successor (EU) 402/2013
- Basic principles of risk assessment in maintenance (CSM Directives (EU) 352/2009 and (EU) 1078/2012)
- Performance of explicit risk analyses
- Implementation of DIN 27201-1 (Procedures for preparation and modification of maintenance programmes), including risk assessment and creation of safety plan and proof of safety
Our maintenance training references
- Bombardier Transportation: Training course in “Bogie Maintenance: Laws, Standards, Directives” and “Non-Destructive Testing Standards”
- ITL Eisenbahngesellschaft mbH: Begleitung beim Aufbau des Instandhaltungsmanagementsystems nach ECM-Verordnung (EU)445/2011 und Schulung bzw. Unterweisung des Personals
- Representatives of the Indonesian Government: Seminar in English on “Maintenance Laws, Standards, Directives in Europe and Germany” and „Maintenance Strategies and Methods”
- Mitsui Rail Capital Europe GmbH: Training course and follow-up test on “European Directives and Laws in Rolling Stock Maintenance”
- Maintenance in a SMS
- Risk management / CSM
- ECM-Directive (EU) 445/2011
- ECM: Accreditation as Inspection Body jointly with TÜV SÜD’s Austrian subsidiary (Certification Body) Establishment of certification procedure jointly with the German Federal Railway Authority, administration support activities in ECM certification