FRANCE: France publishes the specifications of eco-organizations and individual systems for the EPR sector of textiles, footwear, and household linen
DECEMBER 2022 - SOFTLINES
France publishes the Order of 23 November 2022 on the specifications of eco-organizations and individual systems in the extended producer responsibility sector of textiles, footwear, and household linen (TLC)1.
This order would come into force on 1 January 2023.
Key highlights of the order:
- Eco-organisation to carry out a study on the recyclability of TLCs and submit the study report to the responsible ministry by 1 January 2024;
- Eco-organisation to propose the premiums and/or penalties associated with environmental labelling within 6 months of the effective date of the order;
- Defines the premiums associated with durability and requires a study on the additional production costs of TLC meeting the durability requirements set out in Annex III of the order by 1 July 2024;
- Defines the premiums for certifications by environmental labels;
- Defines the premiums associated with the incorporation of raw materials from recycling;
- Defines the target for collection, recovery and recycling of TLC;
- The order also provides the guideline on:
- sorting operations,
- collection and treatment of used TLCs,
- management of waste from abandoned TLCs,
- action plan to develop the recycling of used non-reusable TLCs,
- repair study, etc.
 The Order of 23 November 2022