USA: ASTM F2106-12 has been updated to F2106-18
august 2018- Relevant for: hardlines
In July, ASTM F2106-12 for motorized treadmill has been revised to F2106-181.
In the new revision, ASTM F2106-18 expands its coverage with multiple changes to the document as result of adding inclusive fitness requirements.
Key changes of the revised standard are as follows:
- Multiple changes to document as result of adding inclusive fitness requirements (refer to section 7).
- Section 6.2, replaced EN 957-3, test probes with F2277.
- Section 6, redefined precision and bias criteria.
- New performance and structural requirements are introduced under Section 6.6 Control for various different stop devices, for example: emergency stop appearance and location (6.6.3, 6.6.4), push button stop switch size and color (6.6.5, 6.6.6), pull cord (6.6.7, 6.6.8, 6.6.9 and 6.6.10) as described in F2115.
- Section 7 Additional Universal Design and Construction Requirements to Test Method F3022 for Inclusive Use by Persons with Functional Limitations and Impairments.
- Added referenced test methods: F2277, F3021, and F3022.
 ASTM F2106-18