This page answers questions about the administration portal of the TÜV SÜD ID.
Only so-called “Customer User Managers” can access the administration portal. You have this role, therefore you have access to the portal.
In the administration portal you can see
• general information about your account (see below),
• all members of your account, i. e. all employees of your company or organizational unit with a TÜV SÜD ID
• manage the members of your account (create, delete, change status, change master data, change role)
• manage the customer user managers: Assign this role or remove it
The administration portal can be found here. Please store this as a bookmark in your browser.
To log in to the administration portal, multi-factor authentication is needed. The verification code can be sent via email to you, or you can create a user account in your authenticator app for the TÜV SÜD ID.
In the menu in the top right of the screen, there is a menu item “Log out”.
The administration portal gives you access to highly sensitive data. Therefore you are automatically logged out after 5 minutes.
An Account represents a company or an organizational unit of a company. The users are employees of the company or the organizational unit and therefore belong to an account. Each account has a unique and immutable account number.
The administration portal stores the following information:
• Account name
• Account number
• Clearing status (currently not maintained)
Please contact [email protected] if you think that the data is incorrect.
Customer user managers are employees of a company or an organizational unit that administrate the users of the account (invite, delete, accept etc.). With this concept you are more flexible and do not need to rely on the administrators of TÜV SÜD for maintenance.
The first customer user manager of an account is defined by TÜV SÜD. This customer user manager can assign this role to other users or revoke this role again. This is done using the arrow up and arrow down symbols.
As a customer user manager, you are responsible that only employees of your company or organizational unit have access to the applications. So, you ensure that users belonging to your account are entitled to belong there.
The applications (portals and stores of TÜV SÜD) grant access to data concerning your company, based on the information stored with the user. This information is the number of the account and the status of the user. Therefore, please ensure that the status of the user is up to date. Please accept only users that really belong to your company or your organizational unit. Reject all users that do not belong to your company or your organizational unit. Please delete or reject users that leave your company or organizational unit.
• invite users (create them),
• view and change master data of the users
• change the status of the users: accept or reject them
• assign the role of customer user manager or revoke this role
• delete users
The status of a user describes his or her relationship to the account. The following values are defined:
• Pre-registered: The user has given no account number (these users are not shown in your account)
• Assigned: The user has given an account number, but the customer user manager has not yet confirmed this
• Registered: The user has given an account number, and the customer user manager has confirmed this
• Rejected: The user has given an account number, and the customer user manager has rejected the user
You can invite users. These users are assigned a TÜV SÜD ID and are informed via email so that they can set their password.The process is as follows:
• Klick on the symbol above the list of users
• In the new window, enter (optionally) the salutation, (mandatory) the first name, the last name, and the email address.
• Via “+ add new” a row for the next user is added. Up to 10 rows are possible.
• Using the button “Cancel” you can cancel the invitation process.
A self-registered user can claim to belong to an account. The customer user manager of this account can confirm this. This is done using the check-symbol in the list of users.
A self-registered user can claim to belong to an account. The customer user manager of this account can deny this.This is done using the x-mark-symbolin the list of users.
A user without administration rights can be assigned administration rights. This is done using the arrow up-symbol in the list of users.
A user with administration rights can have the administration rights taken away. This is done using the arrow down symbol in the list of users.
A customer user manager can delete another user. Please note that in this case, the user cannot get access to any data in any portal or store of TÜV SÜD. This can be critical if e.g. the user still needs access to some personal certificates of the TÜV SÜD Academy. Therefore, it is better to reject the user when the user leaves your company or organizational unit.The deletion is done using one of the deletion symbols in the list of users.
A customer user manager can view and modify the master data of the users in the account. Access to the master data you get in the list of users using the edit-symbol.
After you have invited a user, you can resend the invitation email if the user has not received the first one. This is done using the mail-symbol in the list of users.