Health and Safety in Additive Manufacturing (AM)
Target group of the workshop/training are employees who work in AM or take on planning tasks within the scope of risk assessment.
Basic principles and legal aspects
- Introduction to the topic / Importance of Health & Safety
- Occupational safety
- Company processes (ISO 45001)
- General information on standardization
- AM specific standardization
- AM specific Risk assessment
- Framework for risk assessment
- AM specific risk assessment according to ISO 12100
- Presentation of various standards, their application and their relation to practice
- Powder and associated risks
- Safety data sheets
- Storage of dangerous substances
- Personal protective equipment and faults
In AM- processes, a large number of general manufacturing aspects are important, such as the safe handling of testing and measuring equipment or moving machine components. In addition, there are a large number of process-specific hazards, such as handling powder materials, laser beam sources or certain inertgas atmospheres. Emissions arising during the manufacturing process may also require special attention.
In many areas there are already valid standards and guidelines which can serve as a basis for training. In addition, specific standards and technical rules represent concrete recommendations for action. For example, in the field of explosion protection or handling ultrafine grained materials.
Based on standards and guidelines, the training is to be regarded as the foundation of safe and efficient AM series production.
Completion of the course will result in a certificate of participation issued by TÜV SÜD Academy.
- You will acquire extensive knowledge about health and safety in additive manufacturing
- You are provided with starting points for drawing up a risk assessment
- You will get to know the legal situation and the standardization landscape in the field of health and safety AM
Instructor-led training in a virtual classroom. This means the course is Live Online. Participants will learn through online teaching. Lectures, case studies, group exercises, discussions, problem solving, examples with explanation, assignments and/or quizzes happen in the virtual classroom training. Participants need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location. Each module is delivered live using webinar technology, creating a virtual classroom learning environment. Live sessions provide you with direct access to the trainer so you can ask questions, understand complex concepts and share ideas with peers. Webcam and microphone are REQUIRED to interact with the instructor and/or other participants.
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
Ideally initial experience in AM, otherwise TÜV SÜD “AM Basics” training is recommended.