Qualified Electrician for HV Systems in Motor Vehicles for Automotive Manufacturers and Suppliers— Level 2
Almost all auto repair shops will have to handle hybrid or electric vehicles sooner or later. Those working with such vehicles with high voltage (HV) systems must be aware of their potential dangers and possible protective measures. This applies to all employees, not just mechanics in the repair shop, but also the cleaning staff and office workers who might come into contact with the vehicles.
As e-mobility begins to dominate the auto industry, training on how to work with a range of HV systems becomes more and more necessary. Expanding upon your foundational knowledge as a vehicle electrician or mechanic, you can complete this course to become an electrician for working on vehicles with HV systems. You will become qualified to work independently and safely on vehicles with HV systems, both e-vehicles and hybrid vehicles. In addition, you will become capable of assessing the work you delegated to you, to reliably recognize possible dangers, and to put into practice all necessary protective measures. Expand your skills and position yourself for the market of the future.
- Persons without an electrical engineering education, but with a qualification as vehicle electrician or mechanic, whose area of work is going to include HV systems in powered vehicles.
- Mechanics who work with automobiles but do not have an electrical engineering education
- Mechanics who anticipate that their area of work will include HV systems
- Mechanics who would like to gain foundational knowledge in electrical engineering
- Organization of safety and health for electrical engineering work
- Protective measures - Technical and managerial responsibility
- Employee qualifications in the field of electrical engineering
- Use of HV systems in vehicles: Introduction, concepts, measurements, component replacement, etc.
This online, instructor-led course qualifies students to work with high voltage (HV) systems in motor vehicles. This course is the second level of TÜV SÜD Academy’s three-tiered learning path on HV safety in automotive systems.
Electromobility is on the rise. Expand your professional knowledge by completing this course to become an electrician suitable for working on vehicles with HV systems (electric and hybrid cars). In addition, you will be capable of assessing the work delegated to you, reliably recognizing possible dangers, and putting into practice all necessary protective measures when working with HV vehicles.
TÜV SÜD Academy’s HV Safety Learning Pathway begins with Fundamentals of High Voltage Systems in Electric Vehicles (level 1), continues to Training as Qualified Electrician for HV Systems in Motor Vehicles (level 2), and finishes with Live Working for Qualified Electricians for HV Systems in Motor Vehicles (level 3). These three courses are designed to help keep every member of your organization safe, regardless of physical involvement with new technology.
The level 1 course is a self-paced overview course. The level 2 course exposes students to the fundamentals of electrical engineering and as well as an overview of HV systems in vehicles. Students who successfully complete level 2 become qualified to take the level 3 course to work with operational high voltage systems. Students who do not pass level 2 are not permitted to attend the level 3 course.
- You will earn a credential as an electrician for HV systems in vehicles.
- You will acquire knowledge that will expand your understanding of the field of electric mobility.
- You will be able to reliably handle the demands of working with high voltages vehicles.
This course is designed for students who have successfully completed vocational training as vehicle mechanics or electrations. This foundational knowledge of mechanical engineering is required.
Our experienced academy advisors will work with you one-on-one to meet your needs and for scheduling and logistics. Our goal is to ADD VALUE and ensure the process is as smooth as possible.
Contact Us to discuss how a private workshop would benefit your organization. Please reach out to us to begin planning your private training.