ISO 21448:2022 Basic Training, Essentials to Achieve the Safety of the Intended Function (SOTIF)
Participate in the Basic course to gain the necessary expertise for the new ISO 21448:2022 dealing with "Safety of the Intended Functionality" (SOTIF)
Participate in this Basic SOTIF training which will provide you with an initial introduction to the public available specification ISO 21448:2022, and the featured topic of "Safety of the Intended Functionality" (SOTIF).
Managers, safety managers, system developers, sensor and component developers, quality representatives, test engineers, and all who are concerned with developing innovative advanced driving assist systems (ADAS) and highly automated driving (HAD) functions aiming to implement their developments on the basis of the recognized international specification ISO 21448.
Amongst others the training covers the following topics:
- Safety of the intended function (SOTIF) as an integral part to a concept of holistic safety for automated vehicles
- Basic understanding and terminology in the field of the safety of the intended function (SOTIF)
- SOTIF and its relation to performance limitations of sensors and algorithms, perception of environment and situation awareness
- Essential building blocks to achieve the SOTIF (according to ISO 21448)
- Relevance of validation targets for the achievement of overall risk targets
- Outline to strategies supporting the argumentation towards SOTIF
- Support for appraisal of technical arguments towards the SOTIF and recommendations towards product release
Based on our long-standing practical experience in the field of Functional Safety we provide you with the necessary expertise for the new ISO 21448:2022 dealing with "Safety of the Intended Function" (SOTIF). For driver assistant systems and automated driving, the safety of the intended function (SOTIF) is a very important complement to functional safety. While functional safety addresses the integrity of electrical and/or electronic (E/E) systems within road vehicles, SOTIF deals with the minimization of risk from insufficiencies of functional performance and robustness. The various aspects of safety are key issues in the development. Our training is based on the latest concepts developed in industry, including TÜV SÜD, used to implement the public available specification ISO 21448:2022.
This basic SOTIF training course provides an initial introduction to the public available specification ISO 21448:2022, and the therein featured topic of safety of the intended function (SOTIF). This course is an extension to the existing ISO 26262 training courses, as the performance of the safety-relevant functions is dealt with in more detail.
We can also offer this training course as in-house training on site in your company.
Instructor-led in a virtual classroom.
Certificate of attendance TÜV SÜD Academy
There are no entry requirements to participate in this training.