An established, functioning management system is essential to any organization’s success in the market. Audits generate maximum benefits if they are planned and implemented with a view toward gathering correct, relevant information for the improvement of the management system and the organization’s internal processes. The online training gives an overview of the auditing standard ISO 19011:2018 and illustrates its importance as the main auditing guideline for an organization’s quality, OH&S, energy, and environmental management system. ISO 19011 contains recommendations for performing external provider audits (second-party audits) and forms the basis for setting up an internal auditing system in organizations.
Who Will Benefit?
Professionals and executives from manufacturing and service organizations who want to become familiar with auditing fundamentals.
- Gain an overview of the auditing standard ISO 19011:2018 as the main auditing guideline for an organization’s quality, OH&S, energy, and environmental management system.
- Learners will become familiar with auditing terms and definitions according to ISO 19011 and how to manage audit programs according to the norm
- Learners will become familiar with practical tips with managing audit programs and audits
- Learners will gain an in-depth understanding of the competence profile required from auditors
DIN EN ISO 19011:2018 and relevant sections of the DIN EN ISO/IEC 17021 series
- Terms and definitions in auditing according to ISO 19011 (approx. 45 min.)
- Term “audit” as well as other audit terms and their meaning
- Different types of audits and their application in practice
- Differences and similarities between certification audits, audits at external providers and internal audits
- Manage audit programs and perform audits according to ISO 19011 (approx. 45 min.)
- Tasks of the audit client, the person responsible for the audit program, the audit manager and the auditors
- Content and formal requirements for an audit report
- Responsibilities in determining corrective actions and tracking them
- Need for proper audit preparation and the importance of an opening and closing meeting
- Practical tips for audit programs and audits (approx. 60 min.)
- Various audit types such as system, product, process and procedure audits
- Possibilities of practical implementation of ISO 19011 requirements regarding the control of the audit program, audit preparation such as checklist creation, audit execution such as Turtle model and audit report
- Key figures for the audit process and the audit program
- Competence and evaluation of auditors according to ISO 19011: Evaluation, monitoring and maintenance of the necessary professional, social and methodological skills of auditors (approx. 60 min.)
Asynchronous self-paced web-based training.
Prior knowledge of management system standards ISO 9001, ISO 14001, ISO 27001, ISO 45001 or ISO 5001.