TÜV SÜD America, Chemical, Oil and Gas provides an extensive set of training and certification options for industry professionals responsible for conducting nondestructive testing.
Here are just some of the NDT training programs currently available:
- Manual Ultrasonic Testing (UT): This course provides the requisite training for Level II UT certification for those with a minimum of 12 months documented work experience. The course follows the PCN manual UT syllabus; covering UT theory, calibration, sensitivity, equipment checks, plate lamination and corrosion scanning, weld scanning, defect detection, and characterization and sizing.
- Time of Flight Diffraction (ToFD) UT: This Level 2 course is designed to meet the general requirements for Level 2 training and certification to the ISO 9712 and SNT-TC-1A certification schemes. A comprehensive course syllabus is available upon request. Prospective students must hold a relevant Level 2 manual UT certification for weld testing.
- Phased-Array (PA) UT: This Level 2 course is designed to teach the basics of PA ultrasonic testing, and meets the general requirements for Level 2 training and certification to the ISO 9712 and SNT-TC-1A certification schemes. A comprehensive course syllabus is available upon request. Prospective students must hold a relevant Level 2 manual UT certification for weld testing.
- Advanced Phased-Array UT: The advanced phased-array course is designed to address more complex inspections requiring greater attention to detail in equipment set-up, calibration and data analysis. The course is intended for operators who already hold Phased-Array Level 2 certification, as well as those holding Level 3 certification who are responsible for procedures covering advanced applications.
- Magnetic Particle Testing (MT): This course covers principles of MT for pre and in-services inspection, types of inspection equipment, magnetic fields, directional properties, classification of materials, residual fields, technique selection, magnetic ink types, UVA inspection, measurement of light, current flow magnetic flow and coil techniques, as well as applicable codes and standards.
These and other NDT training course are taught by TÜV SÜD instructors and other industry experts with appropriate ASNT Level III certifications.
Scheduled public NDT training programs are conducted throughout the year in Houston, TX and at other locations. Many of our NDT training programs can also be delivered at your company on an in-house basis, and customized NDT training is also available to meet specific training and development objectives.
For further information about our NDT training programs, contact us.