Discover the skills needed to conduct an internal audit of an OHSMS against the ISO 45001 standard
This CQI IRCA certified ISO 45001:2018 Occupational Health and Safety Systems Internal Auditor Course provides students with the knowledge and skills required to perform an internal audit of part of an Occupational Health and Safety Systems (OH&SMS) based on ISO 45001 (or equivalent) and report on the effective implementation and maintenance of the management system in accordance with ISO 19011. The course meets the training requirements for internal auditor certification set by the Chartered Quality Institute and International Register of Certificated Auditor (CQI IRCA, www.quality.org) of the United Kingdom.
Duration: 2 - day course
Through tutor-led discussions, exercises, workshops and role-plays, students will gain sufficient knowledge and skills in the entire auditing process and get prepared as an OH&SMS professional.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
• General Introduction
• OH&S management principles, vocabulary and ISO14001 requirements
• Document review and audit planning
• Process auditing and audit skills
• Writing NC reports and audit reporting
• Audit follow up
WHAT IS THE COURSE METHODOLOGY?
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two-third of the time is spent on activity-based learning.
This CQI IRCA Certified course is conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC 06022954.
This course is specially designed for:
• Members/supporting personnel of the Occupational Health and Safety management team who have the responsibility to audit/implement/improve a OH&SMS;
• Personnel who are involved in operation/engineering/purchasing who wish to gain maximum benefit from the OH&SMS implementation;
• Any other personnel who wish to advance their career in management systems, irrespective of discipline.
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have prior knowledge of the following subjects:
• Management systems: The Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) cycle and the core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and continual improvement.
• OH&SMS: A basic knowledge of managing OH&S through hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control and compliance with legal requirements and other requirements; the prevention of work-related injury and ill health, and the proactive improvement of health and safety performance; common examples of relevant national and local OH&S legislation and requirements
• ISO 45001: An understanding of the requirements of ISO 45001 and the commonly used OH&SMS terms and definitions, which may be gained by completing a CQI and IRCA Certified Introduction to audit ISO 45001:2018 Foundation OH&SMS training course or equivalent.
With a global vision, Alauda Learning Centre (ALC) offers personal development programmes as well as training solutions to individuals and multinationals. ALC specializes in management training and CQI IRCA (UK) certified training courses. Collaborating with local partners, ALC training courses are delivered in over twenty countries with stringent quality assurance measures to ensure world-class delivery. All local tutors are qualified directly by ALC through a series of competency tests.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability