QUALITY AND PRODUCTION MANAGEMENT IN ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING
17th November 2021: Managing Quality and Safety in Additive Manufacturing | 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM SGT
Additive Manufacturing (or 3D Printing) is steadily transitioning from a Rapid Prototyping technology into mainstream manufacturing. A disruptive technology, it has the potential to transform industrial production, particularly for high-value, low-volume, complex-geometry components. Even though the growth of AM spans across entire material spectrum, it is more profound in the metals arena. Because of this growth, more and more AM Facilities are being built across the globe. This also raises questions on the impact of these facilities on the environment as well as the health & safety of the stakeholders involved.
In short, how safe are these AM Facilities? What are the key impacts of this amazing technology on personnel and the environment?
This quality and production course aims to allow the participating quality manager or production manager to implement high-quality AM production in a targeted manner. This training is very practice-oriented and includes the typical hurdles for implementation as well as suitable measures to avoid them.
As an umbrella term for organizational measures to improve process quality, quality management plays a major role in additive manufacturing. In addition to the measures generally known from existing quality management standards, such as a clear definition of roles and processes or the creation of clear communication structures, process-specific aspects must also be considered in additive manufacturing. High complexity, a partial lack of general standards and little staff experience are just some of the aspects to be covered in the course.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
1. Learn the basic concepts of Additive Manufacturing Safety with a focus on powder-based technologies.
2. Understand the requirements and recommendations provided by global standards, codes, and industry best practices such as ISO/ASTM, ICC, IEC, NFPA, Singapore TR87, SS667 etc.
3. Be able to apply the provisions to build and operate a safe and compliant Additive Manufacturing Facility.
4. The training enables you to implement an AM-specific quality management approach in your company. You can achieve a high level of quality for your customers and create the basis for reproducible AM series production.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
• Identification of hazards and mitigation of risks: Materials, Equipment & Facility.
• Process Hazard Analysis.
• Personal Protective Equipment: selection, use and strategy.
• Waste Management
• Emergency Planning & Response.
• Class discussions, Q&A.
• Introduction to AM processes and industrialization
• Company Management
• Production Management
• Sales and project management within AM
• Additive Manufacturing
The course will be in an instructor-led live virtual training format. Each half-day course (4 hours) will have one coffee break in each session and a lunch break for the day. The course content makes use of real-life use case scenarios, derived from TÜV SÜD’s extensive industry experience.
This course is specially designed for:
• AM Engineer and Operating Staff
• HSE Officers / Safety Engineer & Manager
• Production Engineer / Operation / Plant Manager
• Quality Managers
• Production Managers
• Polytechnics, Universities
• Service Bureaus
• Fundamental knowledge in AM Technologies is preferred, but not essential.
WHO IS THE COURSE ADVISOR?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on the current business landscape and market requirements.
1. How do I enroll for the course?
To enroll, simply fill in the form on the right.
2. What is the course methodology?
Participants will learn through lectures, case studies, group exercises and discussions.
3. Are there any tests in the middle of the course?
There are no in-between assessments, but case studies will be included in the course.
4. Can I get a refund if I cancel my enrolment?
Yes, please contact us at [email protected] for more details. Terms and conditions apply.
5. Can I also attend the E-learning courses on top of attending the instructor-led course?
Yes, you can register for any e-learning courses. If you have special requirements, please contact us at [email protected] and we can customise a suitable package for you.
6. Upon completion of the course, would I get a certificate for completion?
Yes, you will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the course.
7. Who developed the course and what are their qualifications?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD. With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements. The experts also undergo relevant upskilling programmes, benefitting from TÜV SÜD’s 150 years of expertise and global heritage.
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at [email protected]
To know more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.
Bosnia and Herzegovina