Acquire audit skills and know how on ISO/IEC 17025 Laboratory QMS
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party assessments of laboratory QMS against ISO/IEC 17025, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17011, as applicable. This training course has been adapted to requirements of ISO/IEC 17025 for the competence in testing and calibration laboratories.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a QMS auditor or as a quality professional in a laboratory environment. Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. This course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered QMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
Duration: 5 - day course
On completion, successful students will be able to:
• Describe purpose of a QMS, of QMS and technical requirements in ISO/IEC 17025
• Explain the role of an assessor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an assessment in accordance with ISO/IEC 17011
• Plan, conduct, report and follow up an assessment of a laboratory based on ISO/IEC 17025
Topics to be covered in this course include:
• General introduction
• ISO 9000 series and laboratory QMS; ISO/IEC 17025 requirements
• Document and record review
• Assessment planning
• On-site assessment; Assessment skills
• Reporting NC reports
• Assessment report and follow up
WHAT IS THE COURSE METHODOLOGY?
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the examination. Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance.
This CQI IRCA Certified course is conducted under the license of, and certificates are issued in collaboration with ALC 06022954.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE COURSE?
This course is specially designed for:
• Staff who are responsible to establish, implement and maintain a laboratory QMS
• Potential assessors nominated by accreditation bodies who wish to receive an intensive training in order to fulfill the prerequisite requirements of assessors/lead assessors
• Those who wish to explore career opportunities in testing and calibration laboratories
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• QMP and concepts: the Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle; the relationship between QM and customer satisfaction; QM terms and definitions and the 8 Q Principles as given in ISO 9000; the process approach used in QM; The QMS Process Model, the structure and content of ISO 9001.
• The requirements of ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 17025, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA certified QMS Foundation Training course or equivalent.
With a global vision, Alauda Learning Centre (ALC) offers personal development programmes as well as training solutions to individuals and multinationals. ALC specializes in management training and CQI IRCA (UK) certified training courses. Collaborating with local partners, ALC training courses are delivered in over twenty countries with stringent quality assurance measures to ensure world class delivery. All local tutors are qualified directly by ALC through a series of competence tests.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability