Learn to assess conformance to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 requirements
Information being a valuable asset and a building block and key to the growth of any organization needs to be suitably protected like any other important business asset. In the modern world this asset becomes crucial for success and maintaining credibility.
If this asset is compromised then the organization may have to face various threats and risks like brand image erosion, business disruption, financial and productivity loss etc. Information security is the protection of information from a wide range of threats in order to ensure business continuity, minimize business risk, maximise return on investments and increase business opportunities.
The course will be conducted by our experienced lead auditors, who have audited numerous organizations. This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered auditor / lead auditor. The course is structured to provide the knowledge and skills required to assess the Information Security Management System of an organization with respect to the requirements of the ISO 27001:2013 standard.
This comprehensive five-day course comprises of case studies, training, role-plays to ensure that the participant thoroughly understands the role of an auditor / lead auditor and acquires the expertise needed to perform effective audits. Participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with an CQI-IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered ‘Certificate Of Successful Completion.’
Duration: 5 - day course
• Understanding the purpose of an Information Security Management System and the processes involved in establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving an ISMS.
• Applying PDCA approach to information security management processes.
• Understanding the role and skills required by an auditor / lead auditor.
• Understanding auditing concepts and principles. Planning, conducting and reporting audits in accordance with ISO 19011.
1. ISMS concepts and ISO 27001 standard
• ISMS concepts and benefits
• Risk assessment and management
• ISO 27001 process framework requirements
• ISO 27001 standard requirements
• ISMS documentation
2. Auditing principles
• Auditing objectives
• Types of audits
• Process approach
3. Roles and responsibility of auditors
• Auditors and lead auditors
• The auditors’ responsibilities
• The lead auditors’ responsibilities
• Auditors qualification and certifications
4. Planning an audit
• Pre-audit planning
• Reviewing documentation
• Developing an audit plan
• Preparing checklists or working documents
• Communication factors
Participants will be assessed throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc. and finally through a written examination at the end of the course. The The examination is ‘closed book’ and only reference material allowed in the examination is a copy of the standard ISO 27001:2013 .
• The passing criteria: 70%.
CQI-IRCA Registered Certificate:
• TÜV SÜD South Asia as Approved Training Partner of CQI IRCA fulfills all compliances of the course PR 320 : ISMS ISO 27001:2013 Lead auditor holding training course reference No. 17829
• Participants who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued an CQI (Charted Qaulity Institute) & IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered certificate of successful completion of the course.
• Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance from TÜV SÜD South Asia.
This course is specially designed for:
• Information Security Practitioners, Head - IT
• Chief Information Security Officer
• Information Security Management System Consultants
• Information Security Management System Management Representative
• Information Security Managers and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving Information Security Management Systems
• Professionals who have a role to play in the implementation of Information Security Management System
The participants those who are interested to attend this course must have prior Knowledge for management system and principles and concepts of Information security Management.
Participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
Bosnia and Herzegovina