Ensure compliance of your product and manufacturing process to international codes and regulations with TÜV SÜD’s expertise
Code compliance services and shop approvals refer to the inspection and auditing of components, manpower, processes and shop floor management against compliance to international codes and standards, and issuance of certificates for the same. These certificates are essential to meet the specifications of various clients.
Globalisation has led to an increase of cross border sourcing, focus on specialisation, improvement in manufacturing standards and quality of products. More and more sourcing are happening globally, and international code compliances and shop approvals bring in uniformity among suppliers and potential suppliers. End customer, Buyer/EPC and supplier are based at different locations and time zones, and their work cultures are also different. Today, end customers expect high standard of technology and quality products to be produced in lesser time, at optimum cost. Project construction cost and duration are also reducing while safety and regulatory requirements are increasing consistently. This complicates the risks faced by the buyer. It is important for the buyer to ensure that quality of goods they receive are consistent with specifications and evaluate suppliers with a set of common benchmarks and standards.
To meet the high standards of quality within their target budget, more and more buyers venture for international suppliers for procurement purposes. This brings in challenges starting from compliance to standards, specifications, understanding local regulation, timeline, deliverables, etc. TÜV SÜD is able to provide a total solution for global sourcing challenges. Having a wide spread presence at all major industrial centers worldwide with offices in more than 1000 locations, and a resource pool of qualified experts in relevant field and global accreditations, TÜV SÜD could offer real value to customers’ sourcing worries.
TÜV SÜD offer the ideal blend of country-specific and standard-specific local expertise, and is armed with sound knowledge in local regulations, internals codes, standards and specifications. Our experts have experience from a wide range of products, projects, customer requirements, code requirements enabling us to verify and certify the product & manufacturing systems at vendors workshop, thereby mitigating risks at the early stage of supplier evaluation and sourcing process. We draw upon our long-standing relationships with regulators and proven processes in coordinating multi-stakeholder dialogue to avert problems and find suitable solutions.
TÜV SÜD’s range of services includes inspection, auditing, certification, conformity assessment, design validation, safety and sustainability advisory. Our experts are accredited to issue quality certifications according to a wide variety of international standards and directives. We support manufacturers by carrying out testing and certification of materials and semi-finished products including valves, plates, pipes, castings, forgings, heat exchangers, columns, pressure vessels, tanks, air receivers, metal structural products, welding consumables, etc.
TÜV SÜD is a notified body for qualifying and certification of several materials, processes, prototypes, semi-finished products and finished products according to various international standards and directives. We offer the following services in accordance with International standards and regulations:
• Fire test and fugitive emission test witness and qualification for valves
• Certification of Factory Production Control of material manufacturers based on Construction products Regulation as per EU regulation 305/2011 (CPR), DIN EN 1090-1
• Certification of Factory Production Control of welding consumables and filler material manufacturers as per EN 13479, VdTÜV 1153
• Certification of material manufacturer as per Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) 2014/68/EU, AD 2000-W0
• Certification of manufacturers according to AD 2000-HP0, EN 13445, EN 13480, EN 12953
• Certification of tanks, railway vehicles and railway vehicle components manufacturers according to EN 15085-2
• Certification of welding shops as per ISO 3834, EN 1090
• Qualification of Welding Procedure Specification (WPS), Welder Performance Qualification (WPQ) as per ASME and EN standards
• GOST inspection and certification services
• MOM, DOSH, IBR inspection services
• ASME shop certification services
Our International reputation and holistic approach can add value and materially beneficial effect for our customers.