INTRODUCTION TO DUST EXPLOSION PROTECTION IN ACCORDANCE TO IEC 60079-0 AND SS667
Dust explosion is catastrophic and when it happens, it surprises everyone. Many don’t realize that the once assumed harmless powder present in production plants can become a fuel source to trigger much destruction, economic damage and even the loss of lives.
TÜV SÜD’s free on-demand webinar will help you understand the requirements and recommendations to help in the prevention of fires and explosions through systematic approaches of analysing dust hazards. To view the webinar, fill up the form now.
OUR WEBINAR WILL TACKLE THESE POINTS, FOCUSING ON:
- Hazard Identification & Dust Hazard Analysis
- Hazard management of process equipment (prevention & mitigation)
- Dust powder storage requirements: guidelines, industry best practices and threshold storage quantities of selected powder types
- Standards and referring to SS 667 for the Singapore context
- Q&A session
KEY TAKEAWAYS OF THE WEBINAR
- Aid companies in the assessment of dust fire and explosion hazards
- Learn how to mitigate dust fire and explosion hazards through topics of equipment/process control measures, elimination of ignition sources and minimizing damage
- Understand comprehensive procedures on the handling, storage and processing of combustible dust to prevent and mitigate fires and dust explosions in facilities handling such materials.
- Learn about the different tests involved in dust combustibility.
Learn more about our services on explosion protection.