IATF 16949 specifies the requirements of a quality management system for automotive production. Born from the need for a globally harmonised quality management system requirements document, IATF 16949 was published in October 2016. It supersedes the automotive standard ISO/TS 16949, which is no longer valid. IATF 16949 requirements include the following key aspects:
- Product safety
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Requirements for embedded software
- Change and warranty management
- Management of sub-tier suppliers
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN IATF 16949 CERTIFICATION?
- Save money via a one-stop service provider that avoids the need for multiple supplier and third-party assessments.
- Save time by combining audits with ISO 9001 to achieve a faster turnaround.
- Minimise risk by ensuring conformity to the international automotive standard requirements.
- Gain recognition and reputation for your brand with an IATF 16949 certificate from TÜV SÜD that is widely recognised and highly respected within the global automotive industry.
THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATION BY TÜV SÜD
- TÜV SÜD is a leading provider of management systems solutions, having issued tens of thousands of management systems certificates to businesses of all sizes across the globe
- TÜV SÜD has over 100 years of experience in automotive solutions, working with top OEMs and suppliers across the entire value chain.
- We are an official IATF-contracted and registered Certification Body. By choosing TÜV SÜD, your certification will be instantly recognised by automotive OEMs everywhere.
6 SIMPLE STEPS TO YOUR IATF 16949 CERTIFICATION