What are safety services for private Vehicle owners?
Private vehicle owner services offer solutions to ensure the overall vehicle safety for private car owners or assist them in assessing damages as well as buying or selling used vehicles. In many countries, drivers need to have their vehicles regularly inspected according to regulatory requirements to ensure the vehicle safety.
Why are private Vehicle owner services important?
Periodical technical inspections are a key aspect of ensuring the safety of vehicles and road users. There are several benefits for private car owners:
- Drive safely by knowing that your vehicle has undergone a vehicle inspection to ensure overall vehicle safety and quality
- Make well-founded decisions when purchasing a used vehicle with a used vehicle appraisal report that ensures the vehicle has been assessed by an independent third party inspection body
- Achieve fair post-accident assessment for insurance cla8ims through an independent damage evaluation of your vehicle
- Meet regulatory requirements for periodical technical inspections, emission standards and any vehicle modifications
TÜV SÜD is your trusted partner to ensure safe driving for private Vehicle owners
With more than 100 years of vehicle testing experience TÜV SÜD is your leading, trusted provider of vehicle safety services like periodical technical inspections, used car evaluations and damage assessment reports, that help establish safe and sustainable mobility. Our services are available in state of the art service stations in countries like Germany, Austria, France, Italy, Spain, South Africa and Turkey.
We are the only company to have ever successfully implemented a modern system for vehicle inspection on a nationwide level, creating a network of 189 test centres and 81 mobile test stations in just 18 months in Turkey. As a neutral and independent third-party inspection service provider, we focus on providing value to stakeholders rather than shareholders. In addition to undergoing regular auditing that independently verifies our people and processes, TÜV SÜD is also accredited according to national and international standards.
TÜV SÜD’s private Vehicle owner services
TÜV SÜD’s periodical technical inspection services are conducted thoroughly and methodologically by highly qualified experts using state of the art technologies in ISO certified inspection stations. Our services include:
- Periodical technical inspection for cars and motorcycles - TÜV SÜD conducts periodical technical inspection and vehicle inspections according to national legislation. At the TÜV SÜD service center, your car or motorcycle’s brakes, lights and other features are inspected. After successfully passing the periodical technical inspection, your car or motorcycle receives a decal (sticker), which symbolizes your permission to drive on the road.
- Used vehicle assessments and valuations- When buying or selling a vehicle, a third-party appraisal report is a valuable independent document. Experts from TÜV SÜD inspect the overall condition of the vehicle from a technical, appearance and auxiliary equipment standpoint and identify its market value. The TÜV SÜD Used Car Certificate is a practical, third party document for use in the sale of your vehicle.
- Expert reports on vehicle modifications- If you want to have additional parts fitted or modified to your vehicle, many countries require that these are checked against national regulations. TÜV SÜD can support by conducting the necessary checks and issuing the required expert reports and documentation.
- Post-accident damage assessment - TÜV SÜD provides you with a third-party damage assessment report either for your own information or for insurance claim submission to the other party’s insurance company. The report provides information on the cost of the repair, the depreciation or confirmation that the car is a write-off. In the case of a write-off, the report will indicate replacement and residual values.
- Emissions testing and sticker- To protect human health, the EU has passed a European Directive which allows municipalities to establish environmental zones in city centers and conurbations. In several German cities, an emission sticker is required to be displayed on certain vehicles operating in specially designated environmental zones. These emission stickers can be obtained through TÜV SÜD