Ensure each system part operates efficiently and safely
As organisations increasingly embed sustainability goals into their missions and visions, TÜV SÜD’s global portfolio provides the expertise to evaluate, design, and support comprehensive sustainability plans and assessments. Combining technical knowledge with unparalleled experience in challenging environments enables us to support organisations to achieve not only greater efficiency and competitiveness but also risk reduction and resilience.
For organisations operating complex systems in demanding environments, sustainability can be a daunting prospect. We bring the technical, supply chain, and standards know-how to demystify sustainability principles and ground abstract goals in concrete actions and the experience of evaluating user needs and location demands.
1) Accurately measure water flow in a network of pipelines
2) Reduce the substantial losses of non-revenue water (NRW) that were occurring throughout the system
• Developed guidelines for the selection of technical components (e.g. pipes) meeting system and environmental requirements to dramatically reduce water losses
• A full network plan along with procurement and installation policies
• Provided system owners and operators with a new understanding of how to optimize their network for future improvements and easier trouble shooting
• Provided a long-term maintenance plan for system longevity
Goal: Improve resource conservation in SMEs to increase their competitiveness and resilience
Actions: Improve energy efficiency of the textile industry in Indonesia through implementation of energy monitoring, life cycle assessment and photovoltaic (solar) power systems, which will contribute to the increase in number of energy conscious companies manufacturing ecologically friendly products
• Training of 85 small/medium enterprises from upstream/downstream of textile industry in Indonesia over the span of 18 months, covering 2 major provinces (Jakarta and Central Java)
• Life Cycle Assessments to implement performance benchmarking system
• Energy monitoring of the SME
• Not only improved efficiency and resilience in the participating organisations but also influenced the broader Indonesian textile sector by modelling sustainable success
Bosnia and Herzegovina