LIVE VIRTUAL TRAINING AND EXAM SCHEDULE
- IECEx 05 Training: 23 - 24 June 2022
9AM - 4PM SGT | 2 Days
- IECEx 05 Physical Exam: 05 July 2022
2PM - 6PM SGT
Venue: TÜV SÜD @ IBP, 15 International Business Park, Singapore 609937
1. Training for Unit 000 + 001 Basics - SGD$800
2. Training and Exam for Unit 000 + 001 - SGD$1,850
3. Exam only for Unit 000 + 001 - SGD$1,100
*Please indicate the unit and the options that you will like to take.
about the course
IECEx is the International Electrotechnical Commission system for certification to standards relating to equipment for use in explosive atmospheres. The IECEx 05 is specific to certifying the competency of personnel working in explosive-related industries.
This course aims to train personnel working in enterprises that have processes with explosion-proof requirements. These enterprises include those that engage in construction, installation, maintenance and inspection at explosive sites. Related industries that may require this training include petrochemical, coal mining, wood processing, polishing and grinding, tobacco, food and medicine.
You will learn how to identify and eliminate potential hazards in dust & gas explosion protection fields. After taking the training, you can choose to sit for the IECEx 05 examination to be awarded the IECEx Certificate of Personnel Competence (CoPC).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THE COURSE?
- Unit 000: Basic knowledge and awareness to enter a site that includes a classified hazardous area
- Unit 001: Apply basic principles of protection in explosive atmospheres
Topics covered in the course:
- Definitions on Zoning classification
- Standards such as IECEx Scheme, IEC 60079-0:2017 Explosive atmospheres - Part 0: Equipment - General requirements, IEC 60079-X series standards
- Ex proof electrical equipment and Ex proof non-electrical equipment
- Certificates, documents, organisation measures and ventilation
At the end of the course, you will receive a certificate on the completion of the training and exam.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE?
This seminar is specially designed for:
- Personnel who wish to further their competency by taking Units 003-010 will have to pass the examination for Units 000 & 001
- Quality managers, safety managers, production workers, explosion protection designers and builders as well as maintaining personnel and users of explosion-proof equipment
- Persons working in hazardous location (eg: petrochemical, coal mining, wood processing, polishing and grinding, food and medicine, tobacco and other industries)
BENEFITS OF THE COURSE
- World-class training - Learn from TÜV SÜD’s industry expert and training specialist
- Interactive Learning Style - Interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
- Networking Opportunity - Meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
- Gain A Competitive Edge - Gain knowledge and develop relevant skills to stay relevant
Contact us for enquiries
To contact someone from TÜV SÜD, you may email us at [email protected]