Management system certification / Voluntary assessment
Basis of certification:
TÜV SÜD South Asia Pvt. Ltd.
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
No certification mark
WHAT DOES THE ISO 41001 STANDARD DEFINE?
- ISO 41001 ‘Facility management (FM) – Management systems – Requirements with guidance for use’ was created to help facility management teams optimise efficiency across a range of areas, including procurement, operations and maintenance. Based on a strategic, tactical and operational approach, the standard provides a common platform, which can be used across all sectors.
- ISO 41001 is applicable to all organisations or parts of organisations, whether public or private sector, and regardless of the type, size and nature of the organisation or its geographical location.
What do “Certification” or the issue of a certification mark according to ISO 41001 by TÜV SÜD South Asia Pvt. Ltd. mean?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary conformity assessment, according to defined criteria (ISO 41001 standard).
- A certificate and the authorisation to use a certification mark are only issued after the satisfactory results of conformity assessment of the Facility Management system and the organization meets all the requirements of the standard.
- The validity of the certificates and/or certification marks is three years and maintained through the annual assessment every 12 months and the complete review of the management system after three years.
HOW IS THE ASSESSMENT/AUDIT PERFORMED?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
- Preliminary Assessment of FM system (Optional)
- Document review:
Assessment of whether the FM system is ready regarding documents and system implementation.
- Conformity Assessment:
Review and evaluation of FM system documents and Assessment planning, On-site assessment & Reporting
- 1st Annual Assessment:
Follow up assessment after 9 months and before 12 months from Conformity Assessment
- 2nd Annual Assessment:
Follow up assessment after 24 months from Conformity Assessment
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ISO 41001 STANDARD?
- Applies to all management-system certifications: This certification does not constitute product certification. Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer.
- Certification according to ISO 41001 does not mean that the company manufactures products or provides services of higher quality.
- Certification according to ISO 41001 does not guarantee that an organisation and/ or any or all its facilities is equipped to mitigate the associated risks from disruptions- in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- Certification according to ISO 41001 does not guarantee that an organisation complies with requirements for safety and health and well-being of all people working in the certified location/s as well as for the communication between public and private sector organisations as well as statutory and regulatory authorities.
- A certification to ISO 41001 does not confirm that the technical and organizational measures taken by the company for managing all hard/ physical and soft facilities are functioning without errors during the design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and decommissioning / replacement.