What is IATF 16949 – EXAMINATION FOR 1ST/2ND PARTY AUDITOR?
The requirement of a qualified and competent 1st/2nd party auditor is a mandatory requirement of IATF 16949. To support participants and organizations to meet this requirement, this exam is exclusively designed, developed, and offered by the IATF member VDA QMC through its approved license partner. The certificate awarded upon passing the examination for certified 1st/2nd-party Auditor IATF 16949 confirms that you can perform independent IATF system audits internally and at the site of your suppliers.
After passing this exam, the participant will be able to perform independent IATF system audits internally and at the site of your suppliers.
EXAM CONTENT / OUTLINE
Exam is based on below topics/requirements:
- Process management and process oriented approach of the automotive industry
- ISO 19011 Guideline to audit management system
- Structure of IATF 16949 and including ISO 9001
- Requirements of IATF 16949:2016 and selected ISO 9001 requirements
- IATF 16949 Certification rules
- Application of Automotive Core Tools
PREREQUISITES FOR ATTENDING THIS EXAM
- Proof of training “IATF 16949 - 1st/2nd Party Auditor Qualification” – VDA Course ID 211 of 3 days’ duration.
- Proof of auditor qualification as internal auditor for ISO 9001:2015
- Proof of knowledge of the Automotive Core Tools
The training of "Automotive Core Tools for System and Process Auditors" (VDA ID 417) is recognized. Alternatively, evidence of a minimum two-day training about Automotive Core Tools by another training provider as well as the passing of an Automotive Core Tools online quiz is required. If the quiz is not passed, the "Automotive Core Tools for System and Process Auditors" course (VDA ID 417) must be completed.
- Proof of Auditing experience
Evidence of at least three full internal system audits to ISO 9001 over the last three years.
- Proof of professional experience
Proof of at least two years’ appropriate full-time professional experience in an organization in the automotive industry.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
Quality Management System Personnel, Quality Management System and Supply Chain Auditors, QMS and Management Personnel, Process Owners and Departments Middle and Senior Level Personnel, Quality Heads, etc.
PARTNER INSTITUTE INFO
VDA QMC Licensed Program
The exam includes:
- Written exam with 40 questions (60 minutes)
- Oral exam consisting of preparation phase (30 minutes) and interview (20 minutes) for preparation,
The training material handed out during VDA trainings (3 days’ duration of Training VDA ID 211, incl. standards) are admitted and must be brought along on the examination day.
After passing the examination, the participant will receive a certificate with a registered number in connection with passed exam with entry into the VDA QMC database.