About the course
Scaffolding Safety training offers a safer and more comfortable work arrangement than leaning over edges, stretching overhead, and working from ladders. Scaffolding provides employees with secure access to work locations, levels, stable working platforms, and temporary storage for tools and materials to perform immediate tasks. The Scaffolding Safety training program provides knowledge related to legal obligations contained within National and International Standards for the provision and use of scaffolding to ensure safe places of work. Scaffolding Safety helps an organization achieve its obligations to fulfill legal requirements and Operational Control requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
Participants will understand:
- Scaffolding Safety and related Guidelines
- Safety measures for Designing, Erecting, Inspection and Dismantling Scaffolding
- Personal Fall Arrest System and how to calculate fall distance
- Technical and Practical know-how on Scaffolding Safety
- How a scaffolding is constructed – Design & Load capacity
Course content / outline
- Introduction to Scaffolding
- Overview of the types of scaffolds in the regulations
- Step by step assembly instructions and inspection checklists.
- Erection and dismantling of several types of basic frame, tube & coupler, and "system" scaffolds.
- Scaffold design & loading
- Calculate the weights on the scaffold planks, bearers, couplers, and posts (leg load)
- Requirements for suspended scaffold (e.g. Spider, swing stage, etc.), rigging equipment, counterweight formula, and related topics
- Advanced hands on including assembly of underhung (hanging) tube & coupler, cantilevering (knee out), frame scaffolds with putlog trusses and stairways.
- Adequate access
- Fall protection
- Fall arrest / Guard rail systems
- Duty holders and obligations
- People installing, constructing or commissioning plant or structures
- Workers and other users.
- Emergency plan
- Dismantling and Modifying a scaffold procedure.
- Practical Session
Who should attend?
- Site managers, Foremen, engineers,
- Safety officers, advanced scaffolders, scaffolder trainee
- Contractors, Self-employed workers
- Supervisors / Managers
- Management professional, Auditors, Inspectors and Consultants
- Anyone interested in safety of Scaffolding safety
- Understanding of English (if language requirement is not addressed)
- Understanding / Knowledge of working at height or Scaffolding related to occupation.
Exam Details (Duration, Pattern)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Platform/Mode: Written or Online
Qualified participants will receive certificate on “Scaffolding Safety”; others will receive certificate of participation.