about the course
There are significant safety issues to be considered, both for the operators of the diverse "Rigging" devices and for workers in proximity to them. Rigging equipment for material handling shall be inspected before use on each shift and as necessary to ensure that it is safe. Each day before using the sling and all fastenings and attachments shall be inspected for damage or defects by a competent person designated by the employer. Safe Rigging and Slinging helps an organisation achieve its obligations to fulfill legal requirements and Operational Control requirements of ISO 45001:2018.
As a part of the Safe Rigging and Slinging training program, delegates will learn the basic level of safe rigging and slinging for safe working practices associated with lifting accessories, lifting appliances, and lifting operations in general.
Upon completion of this training program, participants will understand:
- the importance of rigging and lifting safety
- the operational limitations
- design factor
- safe rigging practices
Course Content / Outline
- Introduction to Safe Rigging and Slinging
- Rigger duties and responsibilities
- Terms and definitions of various lifting/rigging terminology
- Introduction to various types of slings (webbing slings, wire rope slings and chain slings)
- Pre-use inspection of various types of slings
- Rejection criteria of lifting accessories
- Types of lifting hitches
- Sling angles
- Determining the slings capacity
- Types of Shackles, eye bolts and hooks, chain block, turn buckles and their inspection
- Proper lifting techniques
- Common lifting hazards
- Communication and Hand Signals during Lifting
- Hazards associated with cranes operation
- Safe rigging practices
Who should attend?
- Rigging and Lifting Operators / Maintenance workers
- Self-employed workers
- Supervisors / Managers
- Management professional and Consultants
- Anyone interested in electrical safety
- Understanding of English (if language requirement is not addressed)
- Understanding / Knowledge of Safe Rigging and Slinging & OHSMS requirements.
Exam Details (Duration, Pattern)
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Platform/Mode: Written or Online
1 year from the date of training
Qualified participants will receive certificate on “Safe Rigging and Slinging”; others will receive certificate of participation.