The course is aimed to provide delegates with the knowledge and skills required to perform 1st, 2nd, and 3rd party audits of Energy management system against ISO 50001:2018, in accordance with ISO 19011 (ISO 17021 where applicable). This course is certified by the International Register of Certificated Auditors (IRCA) and meets the training requirements for IRCA Energy Management Systems (EnMS) Auditor Certification.
At the end of this course, participants should be able to: -
- Explain the purpose of an Energy Management System audit and third-party certification.
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up Energy management system audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 where applicable).
- Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of an Energy Management System to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 50001 and in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021 as applicable).
- This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor / Lead Auditor. It is a participative training course, which uses case studies, role plays, exercises, workshops and group discussions. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of EnMS requirements (ISO 50001: 2018), knowledge and skills required to assess the EnMS management system of an organization.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with a CQI-IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) ‘Certificate Of Achievement.’
- Purpose and benefits of Energy Management Systems
- Overview of ISO 50001:2018; terms and definitions for the purposes of ISO 50001:2018
- PDCA and interrelationship between ISO 50001:2018 elements
- Energy Review, EnPI and Energy Baseline