18th and 19th April 2020 - Internal Auditor ISO 20000-1 | 2 Days
WHAT IS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
Services play a major role in supporting information technology and systems of organizations. It is required to manage the services in such a way that provision of services becomes effective and efficient and ensures continual improvement. IT service management (ITSM) refers to the implementation and management of quality information technology services performed by IT service providers through people, processes and information technology. The most effective service providers consider the impact on the service management system (SMS) through all stages of the service lifecycle, from strategy through design, transition and operation, including continual improvement. The 2018 (third) edition of ISO/IEC 20000-1, the International Standard for service management is released on 15th September 2018
- Understand the purpose of an Information Technology Service Management System and the requirements in accordance to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018.
- Understand the process of establishing, implementing, operating, monitoring, reviewing, maintaining and improving a Service Management System (SMS).
- Understand the importance of the service management system process areas and their interrelationships.
- Understand the role of internal auditor and how to plan, conduct and report an internal ITSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2018.
COURSE CONTENT / OUTLINE
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- IT Service Management concepts.
- Benefits and history of Information Technology Service Management System (ITSMS).
- IT Service Management System requirements.
- Management process areas.
- Auditing terminologies.
- Principles of auditing.
- Audit planning.
- Conducting an internal audit.
- Audit findings & reporting.
- Preparation of non-conformance report.
- Do’s and Don’t’s of auditing.
- Classroom exercises and case studies.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- IT service managers
- Information Security Practitioners or Managers
- Professionals responsible for Information Security practices
- Management Representatives
- ISO 20000-1 Implementation teams
- Any personnel who wish to pursue a career in the field of IT services
- Any personnel who has a role to play in the implementation of Information Security Management System
Prior Knowledge about ISO 20000-1 standard/ ITIL framework is desirable
- Candidates will be assessed through an objective based online examination at the end of the course.
- Exam duration is for 90 minutes.
- Minimum passing criteria is 60%.
- Use of ISO 20000-1 standard is only permissible.
- Candidates who scores 60% in the online examination will be issued TÜV SÜD certificate.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance