What is ISO 50001:2018
ISO 50001:2018 supports organizations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system (EnMS). This extensive certification program enables participants to establish and implement process and system based on EnMS standard which improves the overall energy performance of your organization. Our expert trainers guide your organisation to integrate framework of ISO 50001:2018 to the system to achieve continual improvement in the energy management.
- After implementation of EnMS the organization will be benefited with increased profitability by reducing optimizing energy consumption
- Competent resource to implement the EnMS based on ISO 50001:2018
- Helping the organisation to integrate ISO 50001:2018 with other management system to save resources
- Enhanced brand reputation of a company
course content / outline
- Present energy scenario and need of energy management system
- Types and forms of energy, introduction to concept and energy centers
- Purpose of ISO 50001:2018, EnMS system model, structure of ISO 50001:2018 (EnMS) and scope of ISO 50001:2018
- Terms and definition
- Energy review - concept and methodology
- Energy management system model
- Step by step requirements of energy management system ISO 50001:2018 (EnMS) for implementation
- Understanding of the fundamentals of energy management
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 50001:2018 from an implementation perspective
- Understanding on how to develop energy policies, processes, targets and measuring methods, energy performance indicators
- Planning the implementation of ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- Define and develop baseline energy performance indicators
- Integrate the EnMS with other management system
- Establishing internal benchmarking, measuring and documenting for improving energy performance
who should attend?
- People keen to embrace energy efficiency and energy performance
- Organizations keen to implement ISO 50001:2018 EnMS
- People having responsibility of energy management
- Energy managers, plant managers, facility managers
- Energy coordinators (process owners, engineers)
Prior knowledge about ISO 50001:2018 standards/ energy / energy efficiency is desirable. This course is not for filling gaps in the knowledge.
partner institute info
Written examination at the end of the course.
Minimum passing criteria: 70%.
Participants who score 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued a certificate, while the others will be issued a certificate of attendance.