Mumbai/Ahmedabad, January 06, 2015: TÜV SÜD South Asia, a global inspection, testing, consultancy and certification services firm announced its participation in Vibrant Gujarat Summit that will take place in Gandhinagar from 11th to 13th January 2015. TÜV SÜD started its operations in Gujarat in 1996 by rendering management system certification services. At the global summit, TÜV SÜD will showcase its service offerings in real estate and infrastructure, chemical, oil and gas, power, environment and academy (training
Commenting on their participation in Vibrant Gujarat, JK Rajan, Senior Vice President, Industry Services, TÜV SÜD South Asia said, “Over the years, we have expanded our portfolio of services in real estate and infrastructure, as well as renewable and conventional power sectors. Today, we cater to a large spectrum of companies with varied business interests. Gujarat is one of the most important
markets for TÜV SÜD in India, given that the state is on its way to become a global business hub. We look forward to grow our footprints in the state and replicate our world class services in Gujarat to support the state government’s vision to set global benchmarks and accelerate industrialization in the state.”
TÜV SÜD has in the recent past partnered with the Government of Gujarat for some of the state’s flagship projects.
- Technical advisory for Roof top photovolataic (PV) systems
- Post initial technical recommendations from TÜV SÜD , the Government of Gujarat has decided to replicate and scale up the rooftop solar PV initiative conducted in Gandhinagar across other large cities, namely Vadodara, Rajkot, Mehsana, Bhavnagar and Surat.
- Design review, project management consultancy and third party inspection for water infra irrigation project (SAUNI)
- A recently won mandate by TÜV SÜD, the project intends to divert a massive 1 million acre feet (MAF) of excess floodwater from the Narmada River to 115 water reservoirs in seven drought-prone districts using a 1,115-kilometer pipeline system with four separate pipe links. This will be executed in four successive phases for each pipeline link, with TÜV SÜD South Asia involved in pipeline links three and four – a contract worth 1.3 million euros.
- Project Management onsultancy for Ahmedabad BRTS
- Aided Gujarat government’s vision of capacitybuilding to promote rapid urban development through Bus Rapid Transit System (BRTS) in Ahmedabad, increasing the quality and the number of buses from 460and 1060 along with a witnessing a substantial increase in the number of dailycommuters. The results of the project have shown significant improvements inefficiency of operations and service quality.
Additionally, the company offers objectivethird-party valuation for real estate purchase, sale, mortgaging, accounting,and taxation on an international level for all types of buildings, fromcommercial and residential to industrial plants.
TÜV SÜD has witnessed immense growth in Indiain the past couple of years, driven by the increasing demand for quality and certification services across all sectors of business. Headquartered in Pune,TÜV SÜD currently has 30 branch offices across India, including Mumbai, Ahmedabad, Bangalore, Belgaum, Chennai, Coimbatore, New Delhi, Aurangabad,Hyderabad, Indore, Kochi, Kolhapur, Kolkata, Ludhiana, Madurai, Nagpur, Rajkot,Thiruvananthapuram, Tirupur and Vadodara. TÜV SÜD South Asia currently also hasa robust network of 15 laboratories across regions that cater to various keysectors like environmental, food, chemical, textiles, leather, electrical and electronic product and hardlines.