ABOUT FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION
Based on International Organization for Standardization (ISO) standards, FSSC 22000 is a Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI) recognised food safety scheme which meets the requirements of the international food sector for an independent ISO-based food safety scheme. FSSC 22000 covers the processing, manufacture and handling of a wide range of foods.
BENEFITS OF AN FSSC 22000 CERTIFICATION
- FSSC 22000 enables you to demonstrate that your company has a robust and effective food safety management system in place.
- The food safety standard certification minimises risk for your organisation through the implementation of validated and controlled manufacturing processes.
- It will increase your competitiveness with a global quality management system audited by TÜV SÜD that delivers your clients peace of mind.
- It will allow you to ensure safety and security of your processes with our team of highly skilled experts who deliver you in-depth knowledge of food management systems such as FSSC 22000.
THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATION BY TÜV SÜD
- TÜV SÜD is an internationally accredited certification body for a wide range of ISO standards, including FSSC 22000. We have an extensive experience in auditing and certifying against ISO management systems
- According to the FSSC 22000 certification scheme, organisations are certified upon completion of a satisfactory audit. Companies that are already certified against ISO 22000, a GFSI recognised scheme, or the Dutch HACCP will only need a transition audit to achieve FSSC certification.
- The three-year FSSC 22000 audit cycle includes two surveillance audits, of which one must be unannounced, while the initial and re-certification FSSC audits are always announced. The audit process includes:
- Site inspection
- Assessment of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) systems
- Prerequisite programmes
- Relevant documentation and processes