ISO 22000 is an international standard designed to ensure food supply chain safety worldwide, enabling organisations to demonstrate their ability to control food safety hazards and ensure that food is safe for human consumption.
ISO 22000 certification demonstrates that robust and effective food safety management systems are in place, and can be used as first step to fulfil the requirements of schemes recognised by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF AN ISO 22000 CERTIFICATION?
- Minimise risk – objective recommendations from an impartial third-party deliver ongoing continuous improvement of HACCP systems and prerequisite programmes.
- Increase competitiveness – prove production methods comply with an internationally recognised food safety management scheme.
- Enjoy expert partnership – our team of highly skilled experts deliver you in-depth knowledge of food management systems to ensure the safety and security of your processes.
ISO 22000 AUDIT PROCESS & CERTIFICATION
TÜV SÜD is accredited to audit and certify companies to ISO 22000, working closely with clients to ensure that the requirements and standards are met. The three-year audit cycle includes two surveillance audits.
The audit process includes a site inspection, as well as an assessment of HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) systems, prerequisite programmes, and relevant documentation and processes. TÜV SÜD’s auditors will also interview operators and responsible persons within the company, in order to assess food safety knowledge.
Fill-in the adjacent form to download the ISO 22000 Infosheet from TÜV SÜD:
THIRD PARTY CERTIFICATION BY TÜV SÜD
- TÜV SÜD has more than 15 years’ experience in food and feed management system certification, and was one of the first certification bodies acting in this field.
- Accredited for the certification of ISO 22000, TÜV SÜD’s global network of auditors provides the assurance that a formalised and structured approach to attaining certification is applied without bias, ensuring that audit approaches are consistent, regardless of the product or country of production.
- In addition to offering comprehensive evaluations and reports, we also provide you with our TÜV SÜD certification mark, which is globally recognised and synonymous with quality and safety