Introduction to EMC Training Course
Face to face Training1 DayBeginner
This course provides an introduction to electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) for those that are new to EMC or need a refresher. The basics of EMC are explained together with the method of demonstrating compliance with the EU EMC Directive 2014/30/EU for CE Marking
and UK EMC regulations for UKCA Marking and other relevant directives and regulations. Electromagnetic resilience for safety is outlined. The types of EMC standards and EMC testing are described.
- Maintainers with compliance responsibilities involved in the development or supply of electrical and electronic equipment.
- Learn the basic mechanisms of EMC
- Understand the EMC requirements of EMC Directive 2014/30/EU and CE Marking
- Understand the differences for UKCA Marking under UK EMC Regulations SI 2016 No. 1091
- Identify relevant EMC standards for CE marking
- Identify relevant EMC standards for other industries with EMC requirements
- Understand how to make a Declaration of Conformity
- Understand the need for electromagnetic resilience for functional safety
- Understand the contents of a commercial test standard and the method of test
- Understand the purpose of EMC test plans, test preparation, and the content of test reports
- Introduction to Electromagnetic Compatibility: Definition of EMC, emissions and immunity, EMC and the product cycle, reliability aspects of EMC, the decibel, interference in the time and frequency domain, coupling mechanisms, electromagnetic fields, near and far fields, differential and common mode cable coupling.
- EU and other Regulations: UKCA marking and regulations, EMC directive 2014/30/EU and CE marking, apparatus and fixed installations, excluded equipment, apparatus conformity process, declaration of conformity, radio equipment directive, low voltage directive, machinery directive, medical device regulations EU and UK, medical device standards, difference with US requirements.
- Other industries with EMC requirements: Marine equipment directive and UK regulations, UNECE 10.04 automotive regulations, aerospace RTCA/DO-160/ED-14, military standards, requirements and exclusions.
- Functional Safety Considerations: Electromagnetic resilience and safety requirements, regulations and standards, functional safety process and immunity testing.
- Test Standards: Commercial standards bodies, application and revision of standards, basic standards, harmonised/designated generic standards, harmonised/designated product standards, CISPR emission standards, conducted emission test, harmonics voltage fluctuation and flicker emission test, radiated emission test, CISPR and other immunity standards, IEC EN 61000-4-x series basic immunity standards and test, in-situ test.
- EMC Documentation: Test plans and preparation, immunity performance criteria, test setup, test reports.
- Course delivered by one of TÜV SÜD's leading industry experts.
- Small class sizes enhance trainer-delegate relationship.
- Receive globally recognised TÜV SÜD certificate upon completion.
Upon completion, you will receive your globally recognised TÜV SÜD certificate on Introduction to EMC.
TÜV SÜD additionally offers the opportunity to deliver this training as a dedicated in-house course, delivered solely to your organisation to meet your needs and requirements. To receive a quote and find out more information, please contact us at [email protected]