It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
• Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
• Be able to locate, identify and explain safe working loads, lifting capacity chart and explain how the manufacturer may reduce the lifting capacity when moving a suspended load, different lifting configurations and working ranges
• Identify and explain different lifting procedures, explain what task could fall into each category
• Identify and explain centres of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
• Identify any overhead / proximity hazards
• Be able to agree the signal codes / hand signals, direction of movement, safe working and safe landing placement zone with the slinger / signaller
• Ensure telescopic handler is in a safe condition and attachments fitted correctly
• Checked load integrity and security
• Be able to lift and move a load to a designated position in a safe and controlled manner, ensuring minimum uncontrolled movement
• Environmental considerations
• Carry out all out of service and securing procedures
Note: these course objectives have been developed on the premise that the suspended loads will be slung by a dedicated, qualified, competent and authorised slinger /signaller. Where on occasion the telescopic handler operator may be required to sling the loads they are to transport they too must be qualified, competent and authorised slinger / signalers
This is a plant test that is suitable for people who have the sufficient knowledge and practical experience to be able to pass the theory and practical element for the NPORS Operator Card. Pre-test training can be arranged.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator’s manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
• A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina