It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used and other relevant sources of information
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
• Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, over varying terrain, rough ground, inclines, in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
• Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out
• lifting and load handling tasks
• Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
• Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
• Load and unload external transport safely
• Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
Who should attend?
This Telescopic Handler training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Telescopic Handler.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
• A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina