• It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a Slinger / Signaller
• Be able to conform to manufacturers requirements as per technical data, conform to relevant regulations and legislation
• Be able to locate, identify and explain different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and their functions
• Be able to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
• Undertake all pre-use checks on non-specialist lifting accessories and identify non-serviceable items
• Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
• Identify and explain center of gravity and calculate estimated weights of loads
• Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions, identifying any overhead hazards
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Slinger / Signaller use
• Secure various types of loads to a hook using the relevant lifting accessories and procedures ensuring load balance, security and integrity
• Direct and guide the movement of loads to different types of location using different methods of communication
• Environmental considerations
• Carry out all out-of service and securing procedures
This Slinger / Signaller training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Slinger / Signaller.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods
• A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina