It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions – Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for Plant Mover use
• Prepare machinery for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
• Environmental considerations
• Storage and transport of machinery attachments
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
• Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures.
All personnel required to operate Plant Mover Non Operational Duties.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator’s manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
• A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.