It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Check all emergency lowering functions
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Configure the machine for travel
• Configure the machine for travel and maneuver it safely on level ground and inclines in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
• Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
• Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
• Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
• Use platform extension section
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This NPORS MEWP Scissor Lift training programme is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with a MEWP Scissor Lift.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
• A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina