It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used, and be familiar with other types of information sources and relevant legislation
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Check all emergency lowering functions
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Configure the machine for travel
• Configure the machine for travel and maneuver it safely on level / rough ground and inclines in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area, including overhead and underground hazards
• Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out accessing tasks
• Carry out accessing tasks, at various points up to full operating height
• Travel with platform raised (where applicable)
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures for machine transportation
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This NPORS MEWP Boom training programme is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with a Self-Propelled, Vehicle Mounted or Trailer Mounted MEWP Boom.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
• A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.
Bosnia and Herzegovina