It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as an operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify key controls and explain their functions
• Set up exclusion zone
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for mobile crane use
• Conduct all pre-operational and running checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Prepare the mobile crane for use and operate machine safely and efficiently
• Environmental considerations
• Carry out all end of work and shut down procedures
This Mobile Crane training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Mobile Crane.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
• A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.