It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook and other sources of information, regulations and legislation applicable to the particular machine to be used.
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the vehicle and loader crane and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify all operating controls and explain their functions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Configure the vehicle and loader crane ready for travel
• Configure the machine for travel and maneuver it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
• Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting duties
• Correctly deploy the stabilizers according to stated manufacturer’s specifications
• Comply with all requirements for rated capacity indicators or load moment indicators
• Identify weights and centers of gravity of loads to be used
• Carry out lifting operations using the full capabilities of the loader crane
• Position loads accurately at designated locations including onto and from the vehicle
• Identify, fit and remove various attachments and lifting accessories as appropriate
• Minimize load swing and ensure load security on the vehicle
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This Lorry Loader training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on a Lorry Loader.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations. Operator's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods (unless a theory only version of the course has been booked).
• A rigorous practical and theory based assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.