It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine tobe used
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain theirfunctions
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain theirfunctions
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
• Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely laden and unladen, in open and confined areas
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
• Manoeuvre the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out lifting and load handling tasks
• Carry out lifting and load handling tasks
• Lift and transfer loads accurately and safely at different locations
• Load and unload external transport safely
• Fit, adjust and or remove attachments
• Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of loading and unloading procedures formachine transportation
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This Industrial Counterbalanced Lift Truck training course is designed for Plant Operators who require practical and theory training and / or assessment on an Industrial Counterbalanced Lift Truck .
• Be able to operate the machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturer’s instructions and accepted good practice.
• Carry out a pre-shift inspection.
• Be able to load and unload vehicles and static racking.
• Understand the causes of instability of the truck and loads.
• Have sufficient knowledge and practical skills to successfully complete the NPORS assessment.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina