• It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a plant operator
• Have a working knowledge of the manufacturer’s handbook for the particular machine to be used
• Be able to locate and identify the major components of the machine and explain their functions
• Be able to locate and identify steering, driving and braking controls and explain their functions
• Identify and maintain PPE appropriate for excavator use
• Conduct all pre-operational checks in accordance with manufacturer’s and legislative requirements
• Safely mount and dismount the machine
• Start and stop the engine and safely move the machine off and stop it safely
• Configure the machine for travel and manoeuvre it safely across varying terrain in open and confined areas.
• Conduct all necessary safety checks at the work area
• Maneuver the machine to the work area and correctly configure in readiness to carry out excavating tasks
• Carry out excavating tasks
• Load material onto transporting vehicles or into containers
• Reinstate excavation, grade and level ground
• Fit and remove attachments
• Carry out all end of shift and shut down procedures
This NPORS Excavator 360 training program is designed for any personnel who are required to use or work with an Excavator 360.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Plant Operators.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations.
• Operator’s responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator’s manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
• A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.