It is envisaged that by the end of this course of training the learner will be able to answer questions on and perform the following:
• Have a basic understanding of the industry, the dangers of working in the industry and their responsibilities as a crane / lift supervisor
• Explain the importance of locating and identifying different types of lifting equipment and lifting accessories. Explain their basic construction, uses, applications and functions
• Demonstrate how to interpret and extract information on all relevant documentation
• Explain and demonstrate diverse types of communication methods used for lifting purposes
• Explain procedures for placing non-serviceable items out-of-service
• Explain the function and use of the RCIs and anti-collision systems and use the information provided
• Explain setting up, erection, levelling and dismantling requirements for diverse types of lifting equipment and lifts
• Set up exclusion zone explaining actions required for emergency actions and identify overhead hazards
• Identify potential hazards and unsafe lifting practices using different lifting scenarios
• Explain the importance of checking the security of various types of loads and lifting accessories, explain the procedures ensuring load balance and integrity
• Supervise the movement of loads to different types of locations using different methods of communication
• Explain all Environmental considerations and explain how factors such as the external area to the lift zone can affect the planning of the lifting operation
• Carry out all out-of –service and securing procedures
This NPORS Crane Supervisor training program is designed for any personnel who are required to work as a Crane Supervisor.
• Health and safety legislation, as it applies to Crane Supervisors.
• Theoretical knowledge of plant operations as a Crane Supervisor.
• Crane Supervisor's responsibilities, with regards to daily/weekly checks of machine.
• Familiarity with the equipment and use of Operator's manual.
• Safe and best practice in practical plant operating methods.
• A rigorous practical and theory based NPORS assessment.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.