Effective quality and risk management systems are essential to the Aerospace and defense sector. Learn how to conduct audits in the aerospace industry and assess compliance with AS9100 and how it compares to ISO 9001. Conduct practical audit exercises tailored to the aerospace industry to apply these requirements and manage the audit process. This course presents the requirements of AS9100 and demonstrates how to interpret them within an organisation.
Designed for individuals who are involved with quality management systems, implementation, and auditing to the AS9100 series of standards for Aviation, Space, and Defense, this course will provide an overview of the preparation for and execution of the audit process as defined in these revised standards.
By attending this course, you’ll be able to:
Explain the intent and requirement of each clause of AS9100:2016
- Identify the audit evidence needed to demonstrate conformity to the requirements of AS9100:2016
- Describe the requirements of the current revision of ISO 19011 as applicable to the audit process
- Describe the function of first-, second-, and third-party audits, the similarities, and differences, and the varying roles and responsibilities of the auditor, the auditee, and the client of the audit client in each of these activities
- Perform all aspects of an audit of a process in accordance with ISO 19011, including audit planning, document review, use of checklists, opening and closing meetings, sampling, note-taking, objective evidence, audit team meetings, classification of nonconformities, communication and documentation of nonconformities and observations, audit reporting, and record keeping.
Describe the aerospace auditor's qualifications and conduct, including personal attributes, audit management capabilities, and interviewing techniques
- Describe the roles and responsibilities of the auditor and the auditee at all stages of the corrective action process
- Describe and undertake the roles and responsibilities of an auditor and an audit team leader · Explain the terminology of ISO 9000:2015, as employed by the ISO 9000 series standards, and AS9100:2016
- Describe how to establish an audit path or trail and when to deviate
- Determine an audit schedule based on past audit experience and degree of importance based upon the type of business
- Describe the documentation required by AS9100:2016 and the interrelationships between the quality manual, procedures, quality planning, policy, and objectives
- Demonstrate the proper use of the applicable checklists and scoring methods
• Management Representatives
• Quality Assurance Directors
• Individuals interested in conducting aerospace audits
This course also benefits a range of professionals including quality managers and directors, business process owners/managers, supply chain/purchasing managers, chief executives and directors and other aerospace quality professionals.
5 Days (40 Hrs)
Awareness on ISO 9001 and AS 9100
Continuous Assessment: Participants will be assessed throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc. Passing criteria: 70%
Final Examination: There will be a written examination at the end of the course. The examination is a ‘closed book’ and only reference material permitted in the examination is an unmarked copy of the AS 9100.
• Candidates successfully completing the course with a minimum of 70% in the written examination will be presented with TÜV SÜD South Asia’s certificate of completion.
• Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance.