WHAT IS CARBON FOOTPRINT CERTIFICATION
Measuring and evaluating your organisation’s carbon footprint is a key step on the path to a sustainable business practice. Effective carbon management reveals how your organisation can reduce emissions. It also verifies your effective results. This means that your company profits through improved efficiency and greater public approval of your Corporate Social Responsibility agenda.
A carbon footprint measures and evaluates the total greenhouse gas emissions caused by, or expected from, your operations. Beyond identifying the main sources of emissions, it triggers innovations to reduce the consumption of energy and raw materials.
Carbon footprints take two forms. They can be viewed as a company-wide Corporate Carbon Footprint (CCF). Alternatively, a Product Carbon Footprint (PCF) covers the entire lifecycle of a specific product or service, including the supply chain, use and disposal. TÜV SÜD’s climate change experts can work with you at both levels.
Our services at a glance
Corporate Carbon Footprint Certification- to ensure consistency, we review and certify your CCF in accordance with the "greenhouse gas protocol, corporate accounting and reporting standard" or the "iso 14064 (1) standard" or a combination of both.
Product Carbon Footprint Certification- For your PCF, we verify and certify the calculation based on the "PAS 2050, Publicly Available Specification" standard and the "Greenhouse Gas Protocol, Corporate Accounting and Reporting Standard" which build on the LCA standard ISO 14040.
Both certifications provide credible documentation of your organisation’s climate change performance and verify the correct calculation of your greenhouse gas emissions.
These certifications enable you to position your business activities as carbon-neutral. A claim that is only possible when your CO2 emissions are offset by CO2 reduction projects.
Your benefits at a glance
- Build on a strong brand: Our excellent international reputation ensures that our reports and certificates are highly regarded and widely accepted.
- Build on expertise: We are one of the leading international certification bodies in the climate change sector.
- Enhance your reputation: Our certificate serves as transparent and credible proof of your commitment to sustainability.
- Build on quality: Our carbon footprint verification is based on internationally recognised standards.
- Obtain support across the world: Our global network of experts certifies all types of national and international supply chains.