TÜV SÜD in India and Ventus Wind Services (India) Pvt. Ltd. have partnered to provide services in the wind energy sector. This partnership aims to help organisations achieve maximum efficiency from wind farms. As a part of the agreement, TÜV SÜD in India, along with Ventus Group, will provide high-level, state-of-the-art solutions for measuring, analysing, and optimising wind farm and wind turbine performance. The focus would be on the rotor efficiency of Wind Turbine Generators (WTG) to assist wind farm owners in maximising safety and production from their existing and future wind energy investments.
An IV step model has been developed to:
Upon completion, “Critical Component Condition Monitoring and Instant Alarm System” will be installed to maintain the results and reduce the risk for the remaining lifetime.
The services to be provided can be summarised as below:
SERVICE 1: Dynamic blade pitch measurement, identification, correction and verification - typically results in 2-5% increase in annual electricity production from affected wind turbines.
State-of-the-art solution with cutting-edge technology for image capture while wind turbines operate - dynamic and static, to detect relative blade pitch misalignment on onshore and offshore wind turbines.
Measurements - Measure relative blade pitch misalignment from stationary position to full operation
Automated image processing - Images are processed directly on site using proprietary image analysis software and technology
Reporting - Reports are sent to the customer containing a summary of the results, conclusions and recommendations
• One-time service
• Track record shows that 60% of turbines are operating outside the industry standard
• No downtime on your turbines while doing the service
• Swift ROI
• Avoiding additional loads on the turbines
• Increasing the output through efficiency in performance
• Observing other operational influences during rotation (cracks, surface wrinkling, delamination, oil leaks etc.)
SERVICE 2: Nacelle-based LiDAR measurements - typically results in 2-5% increase in annual electricity production from affected wind turbines. Accurate wind measurement utilising the full power of specialised and patented nacelle-based LiDAR technology for onshore and offshore turbines.
Installation - Installation of nacelle-based LiDAR system by our specialised technicians
Measurement & Analysis - The LiDAR measuring project can last between two and twenty weeks depending on the client's wishes for collecting relevant wind data
Data Reporting - Comprehensive reporting by our data scientists customised to the customer's unique requirements
Measurement and Analysis
1) Yaw misalignment
• Verification after correction
2) Turbulence intensity profile 36000
• Wake analysis
• Sector management study
3) Power curve and nacelle transfer function
• Verification after commissioning
• Verification before end of warranty
• Conclude on nacelle transfer function
• Detect under performances and improve accuracy of SCADA data
Service 3: Deep data analysis for wind farm advanced diagnosis and performance analytics including cross fleet ranking of WTGs and initial root cause
As an independent third party, our team of data scientists and engineers understand the raw data of time series, correlations, and missing data using advanced algorithms and technology. We can identify and infer the root cause of under performing wind turbines. With the right tools and algorithms, we help our clients increase their understanding of their wind farm(s).
We provide reports which assist wind farm owners and asset managers in making analytical decisions increasing the performance inside the type approval envelope of their wind farms.
Data Collection and Storage - SCADA data and other relevant information is collected from the customer
Analysis - Store the collected data and calibrating them to the entire wind farm(s)
Data Reporting - Across fleet study, analyse trends, time series, correlations, missing data for each individual turbine across the wind farm(s)
• Analysis of failure events: statistics and root-cause identification
• Analysis of causes for down time and production losses (ranking of WTGs)
• Availability analysis (ranking of WTGs)
• Analysis of lost or limited availability of equipment (ranking of WTGs)
• Compliance analysis: interaction and correlation of WTG sensors
• Performance analysis: pre & post-software updates, incorrect criterion, etc.