Our ISO 26262 2nd Ed. Module 3, “Development and Assessment of safety-relevant Hardware”, is a full-day training course providing an introduction to the requirements in Sections 5, 8 and 9 of the standard. The requirements for safety-related hardware development are presented and complemented with the help of an exercise on creating the FMEDA hardware fault tolerance metric. You learn the necessary individual processes and activities that are critical for hardware development. Module 3 is aimed particularly at those with responsibility for producing and processing hardware and software development projects as well as all users of ISO 26262. After completing this course, participants are familiar with the key connections between system development, hardware development and software requirements from the perspective of the vendor responsible for hardware supply.
- Overview, scope and content of ISO 26262-5
- Terms and definitions
- Introduction of product development at hardware level
- Consideration of hardware safety requirements
- Different topics regarding hardware design
- Quantitative hardware requirements
- Exercise FMEDA
- Integration and testing requirements
- Introduction Part 11
Who should attend
Safety managers, software developers, hardware developers, test engineers and all who are involved in ISO 26262 projects and lifecycle primarily focusing on the development of programmable electronic safety systems and aiming to implement their developments on the basis of the recognised international standard ISO 26262 2nd Edition.
Certificate of attendance TÜV SÜD Academy
TÜV SÜD Academy senior expert trainers
- Enhance your efficiency – with training courses linking theory with practical experience in the area of functional safety.
- Minimise risks – by keeping your employees up to date with regard to standards and regulations in science and technology, thus enabling them to identify problems before your operations are affected. Avoid product recalls and loss of reputation by applying an optimised tailored process.
- Gain competitive edge – by applying your knowledge of the diverse roles throughout the safety life-cycle, in order to develop the best solutions for you and your customers