Quality management as an umbrella term for organizational measures to improve process quality plays a major role in additive manufacturing. In addition to the measures generally known from existing quality management standards, such as a clear definition of roles and processes or the creation of clear communication structures, process-specific aspects must also be taken into account in additive manufacturing. High complexity, a partial lack of general standards and little staff experience are just some of the aspects to be mentioned here.
The aim of this training is to enable the participating quality manager or production manager to implement a high-quality level in AM production in a targeted manner. The training is very practice-oriented and includes the typical hurdles for implementation as well as suitable measures to avoid them.
The reproducibility of the process is ensured by implementing the corresponding processes and clearly defining the roles involved. Along the entire value chain, there are advantages such as compliance with health and safety regulations, the implementation of a continuous improvement culture or the identification of optimization potential.
The training enables you to implement an AM-specific quality management approach in your company. This achieves a high level of quality for your customers and creates the basis for reproducible AM series production.
- Typical problems and solutions in the implementation of 3D printing technology as an additive manufacturing solution, e.g.
- Missing standards
- Personnel qualification opaque
- Lacking awareness of AM
- The communication of the most important measures for the quality adjustment and monitoring
- Understanding of the factors determining AM quality-decisive material properties, consisting of:
- Machine, feedstock, process, and part
- Understanding of the workflow and the entire production chain, including typical error patterns and sensible remedial measures.
- AM Health & Safety Management Contents
- Sources of danger in manufacturing
- Relevant norms and standards
- The current state of AM standardization
- Roadmaps and trends
- Standard projects and approaches
- Methods for defining AM part quality
Who should attend
Target group of the workshop/training are quality managers and production managers who are or want to become active in AM series production.
Ideally initial experience in the AM area or basic knowledge of additive manufacturing.
Certificate of participation issued by TÜV SÜD Academy
TÜV SÜD experts for quality management and additive manufacturing
- You will learn comprehensive, product-specific compact knowledge on the subject of quality management in additive manufacturing.
- You will receive practical examples of how quality management can be implemented.
- You can assess related areas such as standardization and health and safety for the AM area.
At present, there are no trainings/examinations scheduled in English language.
If you are interested, please contact us.